Countries<Spain<Comunidad Valenciana<Polinyà de Xúquer< Casa de Lloc de Sinyent

Casa de Lloc de Sinyent(Polinyà de Xúquer)

View on Ocity Platform

logoTwitter logoFacebook


Construction of the fifteenth century located in the departure of the Gual, belonging to the civil Gothic. Originally it was dedicated to the cultivation of vineyards and olive trees.

According to the sources it belonged to one of the first dukes of Gandía. Subsequently, the farm and land were donated to the Hieronymite monks until the 19th century, although oral sources maintain that it belonged to the Cistercian monks of Valldigna. It was renovated in the 19th century and restored by the Provincial Council in 1976.

La Granja: Located a few meters from the Júcar river, La Granja de Siñent is a building whose beginnings seem to date back to the late Middle Ages. The remains that remain, such as a column on the main façade, are proof of this. It is a unique example of civil Gothic architecture in Valencia. It was in the hands of the Monastery of Santa Maria de Valldigna until the disentailments of the 19th century.

The first news that we have of the building are the day after the conquest of Valencia by Christian troops and James I, that day the land of Sinyent were distributed. The knight Pere Ferrer de Campredó was the one who received the most land. Finally in 1328 the farm became part of the Monastery of Santa Maria de la Valldigna, when Ramon de Font, procurator of the monastery, bought for 34,960 sueldos, the hostel (current building) with its orchard, a dovecote, and three warehouses, four houses next to the farmhouse, nine fields, some houses with five plots, an olive grove, an orchard and 75 sueldos and 2 dineros of censuses paid by different domains. The importance of Sinyent, at least in the first centuries, was indisputable for the monastery of Valldigna, because its lands supplied food for the abbey. With the arrival of the disentailment, during the 19th century, the ecclesiastical goods were confiscated and publicly auctioned.

The Sinyent farm would be auctioned in January 1842, when Josep Montaner and Cebrià Rodrigo decided to acquire it for 240,000 reales, this sale was never confirmed and the building returned to public power, until it was finally acquired by a citizen of Valencia, the French merchant Pasqual Maupoey for a total of 129,000 reales, the value of the whole, comprising different irrigated plots in which the building was included. The original functions of the farm were lost over the years, and the building fell into disuse. The interest of the later owners was more to obtain economic benefits from the agricultural land than to maintain the building in good condition.

At present the building is in danger of collapse, so it is forbidden to enter it. The building is awaiting shoring up, as well as a new roof to prevent leaks inside the building. These interventions are temporary, as the association expects the administration to make a significant investment in the future restoration of Sinyent, which is necessary to keep the building standing.

Image of Casa de Lloc de Sinyent