Countries<Spain<Comunidad Valenciana<Bufali< Iglesia Parroquial de Nuestra Señora de Loreto

Iglesia Parroquial de Nuestra Señora de Loreto(Bufali)

View on Ocity Platform

logoTwitter logoFacebook


The Church of Bufali, according to known data from 1535, was annexed to that of Montaberner, becoming independent in 1574. Later it was joined to that of Albaida, of which it was an aid until it became an independent parish.

Its construction dates from the 18th century. Destroyed by a flood in 1884 (the so-called "deluge of San Carlos"), it was rebuilt between 1885 and 1887. It is decorated with neoclassical motifs.

It consists of a single nave covered by a half barrel vault and groin vault over the transept, on pillars and pilasters. The sacristy is covered with a vaulted ceiling. It has a simple ashlar lintel door with an empty upper niche and a neoclassical cornice. Next to it, the bell tower, of three bodies, built in masonry and chains, at the foot of the nave, on the side of the epistle.

In the chapels there are simple plaster altarpieces with current images of the Inmaculada, Corazón de Jesús, San Antonio Abad and Cristo Crucificado. In the adjoining chapel, Christ recumbent.

Image of Iglesia Parroquial de Nuestra Señora de Loreto